Once we got down to heads-up we were guaranteed to have a first-time Syndicate winner as (surprisingly) neither Mark S nor Anders had ever won before. The winner ended up being Mark, who had a sizeable lead going into heads-up play. In third place was Kelly, followed by Rowan, Dave R, Paul R and Kelsi – who all made the money.
This was the first event of our 15th season. My son was in diapers when this league started and now he’s a senior in high school! A lot of our players have now been with us for a very long time, and really, that’s why this group keeps going. But at the same time we get new players every year and it seems like the ones that care, and take the league seriously, help us stay vital and bring us new life.
Not everyone was there last night so I’d like to I’d like to restate some of the things I mentioned before the tourney:
Congratulations to Alan, David B, Gary B and Ranjit for winning their Main Event seats.
We also sent NINE players to $1500 events and had two cashes – by Scott D and Wendi. We may not have won enough to do a distribution this year but we are definitely looking strong going into this season!
Special thanks are due to:
- Joey – for being a fantastic host and essentially saving the Syndicate last year
- Joy – for handling our buy-ins every tournament. It’s likely that Joy is the only person besides me that knows everyone’s name!!
- Scott D and Mona – for arriving early every tournament to help set up. I know I should get there earlier more often – but it is sure nice to arrive and have everything setup!
- Patsy and Farid – for feeding us for all these years. Yes, I love the Hawaiian chicken and meatball sandwiches – but holy moly was that tri-tip amazing last night!!
- Don Bisco – for handling pretty much everything I don’t want to deal with.
- Our committee – Gary F, Keith, Paul H, Matt B and Chad (and the sub-committee of Craigy and Alan) – for providing more ideas and support then most of our players realize.
- And of course Anthony – since what’s the point of all this if we can’t have someone as cool as him to hang out with twice a month for most of the year?!
The Final Table
- Mark S
- Dave R
- Paul R
- John B
- 10. Bob C
The Leaderboard: Since this is the first tourney of the season – the leaderboard looks exactly like last night’s results
Coming Up: Our next event is scheduled for September 7th. This is a deep-stack re-entry tournament with a 25,000 chip starting stack. The buy-in is $150 ($140 + $10). Unlimited re-entries for the first 6 levels plus a surrender option. The evite for this event is about to go out – please RSVP as soon as possible – it really helps!